Key Information Your Wedding Florist Will NeedJul 10, 2022
When you think about a wedding, you immediately picture the flowers - from the bridal bouquets to the centerpieces, florals are a huge part of every wedding’s decor. From the start, you want to set yourself up for success in selecting and working with a florist. The best way to do this is to prepare some key information before you have your first meeting. You already know you have to share your venue location and guest count, but you will also want to prep the following important information to make sure you not only get the most accurate proposal, but also the most creative!
- Budget - It’s hard to talk about money up front! Always share your floral budget, because this will allow the florist to propose the best cost saving tips and most creative ideas to fit your exact budget.
- Wedding party size - Know how many people are in your wedding party, including family and any other special guests that will need florals.. Wedding party florals are a huge part of your floral order, and also take a large chunk of your budget, depending on size.
- Wedding party colors - Your florist will want to know what colors your wedding party will be wearing. This will ensure no florals clash with attire and the florist can propose ideas that compliment what your wedding party is wearing.
- Inspiration - Here is where to have a little self control! Send your florist no more than five inspiration images of florals. Include a bridal bouquet and a centerpiece, and it’s so important to describe what it is you like about the images.
- Dislikes - Almost just as important as your floral loves, make sure and share any types of flowers you dislike!
By prepping ahead of your floral meeting, you will ensure that your florist has all of the information to be a crucial part of your wedding design team.